Internship / Graduation assignments Sept 2020 – Jan 2021
Facilitated at Inholland Composites and/or partners.
- Date: August 31, 2020 – January 29, 2021
- Research level: 3rd and/or 4th year student
Update (20-07-2020): the maximum capacity in the working area has been reached (taking the corona circumstances into account). This means that we cannot facilitate more students at the moment. Depending on multiple factors, more opportunities might be created in August. Please contact us in case you are still interested.
Project DragonFly is gaining momentum in its sustainable aviation developments: Electric Propulsion. Relevant research has been performed and this will be expanded by means of researchers, students and partners. Inholland and partners are thrilled to welcome students from September 2020 to January 2021 to perform the next steps in the developments for the electric Dragonfly. Would you like to be part of Project DragonFly? Read below information and apply for an internship or graduation at Inholland and/or partners.
Note that we have more challenging assignments available besides Project DragonFly. These assignments focus on automation of composite repair. Visit the following website for more information: http://inhollandcomposites.nl/vacancies/.
- Perform a feasibility study of a monocoque motor cowling that allows efficient implementation of EPU components taking design, material, manufacturing, cost, strength and stiffness requirements into account. Location: t.b.d.
Create a detailed design of the conventional engine mount for the electric Dragonfly taking design, material, manufacturing, cost, strength and stiffness requirements into account. Location: t.b.d. Manufacture a pre-designed thermoplastic aileron for the Dragonfly, perform destructive testing and repair the damage in its thermoplastic material. Location: t.b.d. Design a structural modification on the fuselage for battery replacement, taking strength and stiffness requirements into account, and validate the structural integrity for given design requirements (applied research). Location: Inholland Composites.
- Model the Dragonfly into Siemens Fibersim and validate the structural integrity for given design requirements (Very Light Aircraft, part of CS-23). Location: t.b.d.
Perform thermal analyses in the cowling and design a suitable solution for cooling EPU components. Location: t.b.d.
- Define the flight envelope of the electric Dragonfly aircraft, by means of Siemens Amesim simulations, taking various flight conditions and potential risks of the electric propulsion components into account. Location: t.b.d.
- Elaborate existing battery technologies and design efficient battery-packs, taking geometrical limitations and regulatory requirements into account. Location: t.b.d.
Design, build and test a testbench for (loaded) electric motors that allows to obtain relevant data of the motor and its applied load. Location: Inholland Composites Create a conceptual propeller design for the electric Dragonfly taking efficiency and noise into account. Location: t.b.d.
- Develop a manufacturing technique that allows rapid and safe full-scale propeller prototyping and make a demonstrator. Location: t.b.d.
Analyse and optimize the Dragonfly airplane to increase aerodynamic efficiency during various flight conditions taking real flight observations into account. Location: t.b.d. Investigate the validity of wind tunnel results using a scale model of the Dragonfly. Location: Inholland Composites Digital Twin Design, build and test a control loading system for flight simulation and integrate this into the Dragonfly motion simulator. Location: Inholland Composites
- Mixed reality assignment (to be defined). Location: t.b.d.
Apply for your internship/graduation from Sept 2020 to Jan 2021:
Please send your application to email@example.com, which at least includes:
- your name, education, study year and type of internship (e.g. 3rd year internship, 4th year graduation);
- numbers of the assignments where you are interested in;
- your motivation (max 200 words);
- your CV.